Schools & Academies Asset Management Planning (ScAMP)
What is ScAMP?
ScAMP is a comprehensive professional service aimed at fulfilling a need for quality property asset management and statutory compliance data within Schools and Academies nationwide.
How would ScAMP benefit our School?
As a Free School or Academy enjoying a new level of autonomy, you may be finding that with the benefits of increased financial freedom and control comes the burden of additional responsibility in the form of property management, maintenance and statutory compliance requirements.
ScAMP is a service intended to pick up the slack left by the removal of Local Authority support in a range of areas, providing Head Teachers and Business Managers with the core property data needed to not only remain compliant, but also manage the school premises to maximum effect and efficiency.
Is ScAMP just for Independent Schools then?
Absolutely not! The ScAMP service is available to any educational establishment in the UK, and we are more than happy to service LA managed schools who would simply like to receive a more comprehensive, up-to-date and usable set of data than currently available.
The ScAMP core4
*All services can be commissioned individually or as a package as preferred
1. Floor Plan
- The crucial core data that underpins a multitude of key decisions and assessments.
- Effective property management relies upon informed judgements based on accuate information…don’t let your property data undermine you!
- We can offer a brand new survey or an update of your existing drawings to produce a fully up-to-date plan of your school and site, including..
- Output in PDF, AutoCAD and hard copy paper format
- Accurate, instantly viewable space information at room, block, and full establishment level
- All spaces individually referenced with number, name, usage and year group (where applicable)..ideal for cross-referencing and integrating with property management software systems
- Areas can be colour shaded for quick visual analysis based on usage (subject, year group, teaching, admin, storage etc), condition, or a range of other preferences
- Fire equipment, doors, exit routes and assembly points clearly marked
- Plans include all fixed furniture & sanitaryware symbols and locations
- Full M&E detail can be included, including sockets, switches, network points, boilers, distribution boards etc..as little or as much as you prefer!
- Floor surfaces can be logged, to allow for instant assessment of cleaning needs
- Your plans can include hyper-linked high resultion digital photographs, including our ever popular 360deg internal room photos!
2. Condition Survey
Robust data to support your Academies Capital Maintenance Fund (ACMF) applications
Surveys can include…
- Building Fabric, internal and external, including all roofs
- Mechanical & Electrical elements
- Site Areas
- Full set of supporting digital photographs, specifically highlighting issues
- Amazingly detailed high-resolution aerial imagery, allowing full site view zoomable to individual roof tile detail!
3. Suitability & Sufficiency Assessments
Ensure that you have accurate, up-to-date information to further support admissions and capital application cases. Robust data equals a robust case.
- FREE DfE compliant capacity assessment included with all surveys
- FREE DfE compliant suitability assessment with all surveys
4. Statutory Compliance: Asset Register & Maintenance Alerts
ScAMP can provide you with an extensive asset register for all, some or a targetted selection of the assets on your site. Assets can be presented in a sequenced register inlcuding model number, serial number, a brief overview of any applicable maintenance requirements and a number of useful links to websites containing relevant user guides, service advice, replacement parts and various other sources of helpful information!
Your ScAMP output can be tailored to include a calender that will alert you when your attention is required to tackle essential maintencance and statutory compliance issues, as well as flagging up other ‘non-essential’ best practice markers.
Asset Registers can typically include…
- I.T and Telecommunications Equipment
- Portable Electrical Appliances
- Fire and other safety equipment
- Significant Plant Equipment (Boilers, A.C etc where identifiable)
Statutory Compliance & Best Practice, typically flags around…
- Asbestos Inspections
- Fire Safety Equipment
- Legionella Prevention
ScAMP Enquiries – To request a quotation or for an informal chat, please contact us using the form below.